Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Sweet Seven



And, now on a happier note, our youngest daughter, celebrated her seventh birthday last Friday. As I was sitting on my back porch this evening, I watched Alli play, as she walked back and forth, counting to ten. I am not sure what that was all about, but she was constantly moving and enjoying every minute of it. It's been that way since she arrived seven years ago. She was my easiest delivery and was the smallest of the three, weighing 7lbs, 4.2 oz. Hannah weighed 9.3 and Aaron weighed 9.2. I can picture in my mind right now how she looked as an infant, sweet and precious. She is my butterfly and she's daddy's girl all the way! They say she looks a lot like I did at that age and I was a daddy's girl, too.


I made cupcakes and took them to school during recess time, so she could celebrate with her classmates. We sat at a picnic table outside. The wind blew so hard, we couldn't keep the candles lit long enough for her to blow them out. Instead of throwing a big party, we had a family night. She wanted to see the movie, "Nim's Island," so we went to the movies after school. The girls loved the movie. Aaron did well, but kept asking "when is him going to come out?" I kept asking who that was and finally understood after the movie was over, that he was talking about the elephant from "Whorton Hears A Who." I told him we would have to come back later for that one. We let Alli choose a place to eat and had dinner in town. Then we went home for cake and presents. Alli loves strawberries, so I made her a strawberry cake that actually had pureed strawberries in the cake and the icing. They were the strawberries I saved from the night before. Alli couldn't understand why I wouldn't let her have those strawberries the night before, but I didn't want her to know my plans for those strawberries till she got home and saw the cake. The cake was a hit! They loved it and Hannah has requested the same cake for her birthday. I think Alli enjoyed her evening. What a blessing you are to us, Alli! We love you! Happy Birthday!

No comments: