Saturday, May 03, 2008

Our Boy Turns 4!

It is so hard to believe our baby is four now. Shhh! Don't tell him I said, "baby," because he has made it known to me several times that he is not a baby. He's still my baby though. I will never forget how Kevin kept saying he didn't want the baby to be born on April Fool's Day. I went to the doctor on April Fool's Day and was already dilated 4 cm. The doctor started getting the paperwork ready for me to go to the hospital as soon as I could that day. I mentioned Kevin's concern about the day and the doctor said, "It's my favorite holiday!" And Aaron didn't wait long to get here. I don't think I got to the hospital till almost one. He was born at 4:59p.m. that evening. And what a joy he has been since he arrived!


This year his birthday was on a Tuesday, so we planned a party for that Friday after school. However, I did make mini cupcakes for Aaron to share with his friends at school. The cupcakes had Diego faces on the top. This year Aaron has really been into the Diego toys and the show. I went to school to spend some time with Aaron in the classroom while they had snack time and got to be there for cupcake time. He has really enjoyed school this year. It was a rocky road at first. His class is very small and I think he has enjoyed becoming friends with the kids in his class. He talks about them a lot.


After cupcake time, I took Aaron home for the day. I just realized that there's more to this story and I don't have the pictures on the computer to share, so I will probably save that story for another post sometime. It has to do with Aaron's birthday gift. After taking Aaron to Chik-fi-la for lunch on his birthday, on our way home we picked up his gift--a 3 1/2 month old yellow lab, who he has named, Fudge. I will post on that later because it was quite an experience for us both.


We celebrated Aaron's birthday that Friday at a local place that has inflatables. Despite the bad weather, we had a great turn out and the kids really enjoyed themselves. Happy Birthday to our boy! We love you!

2 comments:

deana b said...

it is so hard to believe that it has been 4 years since I received the overhead page at the hospital and called my office to learn that you were looking for me to take the kids so that you could be admitted. i'm not sure who was more excited in the lobby of the hospital- you, me or the girls! i still smile about that. time passes so quickly. you have a beautiful little man. Happy Birthday Aaron!!!

J.A.M (Jonathan, Anna, and Michelle Norton) said...

Aaron is so adorable. He has always reminded me of my brother when he was little but that last picture especially caught my attention. I'm going to see if my mom has any pictures I can borrow so I can show you! Happy Birthday to Aaron!