Sunday, February 17, 2008

Queen for the Day


At the school where the kids attend, the first graders participate in Bible character day. Each child is assigned a particular character from the Bible and they research the character to find out what that character did in the Bible. During chapel time they share with the other classes about their character. They also must dress like their character.


Alli was chosen to be Esther. I was excited about this because Esther is one of my favorite stories in the Bible. I could read it over and over again. I can't wait for Beth Moore's new study about Esther.


As my kids will quickly tell you, I am not a seamstress. I am not crafty at all. So I went online searching for a costume for Alli. Thankfully, I found one. All we had to do was write down what Alli would say about Esther during chapel. We probably had about three note cards total. Alli planned to read it off the cards that morning, but on the way to school that morning she decided she would memorize it. This made momma a little nervous. It amazes me the ability she has to memorize things so quickly. When it came time for her to get up in front of everyone, you could tell she was a little nervous, but she finally spit every word out just like it was on the cards. I know the Lord is responsible for the courage my kids have when they are in front of a crowd and I hope they will always remember Who gives the courage just as He gave Esther courage.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a pretty little queen she was!! And, why, oh, why, Karen, should it surprise you that she memorizes things so quickly when she has two very smart parents!!! Sweet, sweet girl. I'm glad it went well. Her costume looked great!!! Sewing your own costumes is over-rated.