Sunday, February 24, 2008

Valentine's Day Dinner




Yes, I will eventually catch up on the posts I have been wanting to write for the month of February. I know Valentine's was over a week ago. But I had to share about our dinner on Valentine's. Kevin was actually off that day, so I didn't have to go back to town to pick up the kids at school. He ran the shuttle that day. This gave me the opportunity to get dinner ready at a decent hour.


I chose spaghetti with meatballs for our Valentine's dinner. Hannah loves pasta, so I knew she would be excited. Alli eats just about anything. Aaron eats like a bird most days. I bought French bread, so I knew that would get him interested for a few minutes. So I was excited about cooking the meal for my family. Then all of a sudden it hit me. Wouldn't it be fun to break out the fine china for this wonderful meal? You have to understand that Kevin and I have been married almost 12 years and if I decided to do this it would be history in the making for our family. You see, my china has been in storage since we got married. We have moved several times and I have never had anything to put them in. When we moved in our current home a little over a year ago, we took the china out of the boxes and put it in the cabinets in the kitchen. We have a set of cabinets that have glass where you can see what is in the cabinet. I guess I got accustomed to not using them, so I had not thought about getting them out until Valentine's Day this year. Well, the kids were excited about eating on fine china, especially Hannah and Alli. Kevin laughed when he saw what we were about to eat on and questioned whether I was sure I wanted to let the kids use them. It turned out to be a nice meal. I hope I will think to use the fine china more often. Maybe next time we can add some candlelight!



1 comment:

The Rutland Family said...

Hey girl! Break out that fine china!!! I did about a month ago and we ate pancakes. We even got our crystal down. Julia felt like the princess that we know she is. I LOVE family time! God has truly granted us with precious families, and I believe that times like these are so extra special. Keep 'em comin'!
Love,
Pam