Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Praise to Remember

After waiting two years and two months, Kevin and I signed a contract tonight to sell our old house. The wait has seemed forever. It has definitely been a lesson in putting our trust in the Lord for it to be in His timing, not ours. We still are awaiting appraisal and inspection. The closing is set for May 1st. We are trusting Him that this will go thru without any problems. The family who is purchasing the home is excited too. So, right now, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to my Lord for all that He has done for us. I am amazed at how He brought all of this to fruition within about 2 weeks.

As I praise Him for this miracle in our lives, I pray also that He will lift the burdens from our friends who have homes they are trying to sell. Waiting is so hard and trying to understand the "whys" is hard, too.

4 comments:

kbh said...

After almost a year of our house being on the market, we have finally taken the "For Sale" sign down. I'm disappointed, but the way things are going now, we figure we better just be thankful we have a roof over our head. I'm a little sad, but God has made me content. It's a blessing.

Terri said...

I am so happy for you and Kevin. I am praising God with you!!

Love ya

lucinda said...

Yay! That's great to hear.

deana b said...

oh, i know how relieved and thankful you are for this. i can't believe it has been that long! i am so excited for you. have enjoyed seeing the updates on you and the family. sean and i can't believe how the kids have grown up. you have a beautiful family.
i love you-