Friday, March 06, 2009

After two months......

After two months of no blogging, I thought I would post something today. I am actually in the mood to do so. January and February were very busy months for us and everyone else, too, I am sure. Upward Basketball is almost over and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't express how ready I am for summer. This mommy is tired of homework, running kids everywhere and packing lunches every morning. I am ready to have my kids at home with me where we can enjoy some peaceful time together. And this mommy is ready for spring! I had strep throat back in January and this week I had another bout with it again. Not fun at all! But I am thankful for antibiotics and mine worked quickly, like a charm. I am thankful also that the Lord healed me in time to be at the hospital with a friend who delivered her little miracle by c-section last night. I posted about my friend back in July. She was never supposed to be able to get pregnant--- ever! But the Lord opened her womb and she had a healthy red headed 8 lbs, 10 oz, 21 inches long little girl last night. And she is beautiful! We are so excited for them and look forward to seeing her grow!

These last two months I have not stayed in God's word as much as I should have and I can tell. But the Lord is continually showing me my need for Him and His word, drawing me to Him. This morning I am so thankful for his mercies and that they are new every morning. We have so much to be thankful for. This morning my heart is thankful to Him, because He has brought healing to some places in my life where I have been crying out to Him for this healing for over a year. I trust Him to continue that healing. This morning I am overwhelmed by God's goodness. As we (friends of the family who had the baby) were sitting around waiting for the baby last night, I couldn't help but think about how God has blessed us thru the people we have met since we have lived here. We have been here since '99, so it's been 10 years. I am definitely overwhelmed by His goodness!

As for my crew, well, it can be a circus around here, I tell you. Kevin is working a lot right now, because they are short one man. They will have a new guy in April.

Aaron is learning how to read. I can't wait for the light bulb to finally turn on and I can quit explaining what a blend is. He is trying though. And he is very smart, so I know he can do it. I just hope I am patient enough. We also found out that he will be our neatest writer out of the kids. He can write a "5" better than either one of the girls. I don't try to compare, but it is neat to see the differences. In his leisure time, he is a Mariokart expert. If he thinks you will sit and listen to him, he will corner you and tell you all about Mariokart, the levels, the characters, etc. He is better at this than his sisters, and it amazes me. This is also one of the areas we use to discipline him. It works pretty well and I enjoy the break from the Nintendo DS and the Wii. He is growing by leaps and bounds. And I can't wait for warm weather. We are trying to make it to shorts wearing weather, so we don't have to buy size six in pants till the fall.

Alli is doing great. She is playing basketball and loving it. She gets better every year. She is growing so much and doing really well in school. She loves being outside and has finally gotten accustomed to being outside with our dog, Fudge. Fudge has been getting more loving these days. His surgery has tamed him down a good bit. I am so glad because Alli loves animals and she will be good to him. After I dropped Hannah off at school at 6:20 this morning, Alli and I got to go to breakfast together and that was really nice. I don't get much alone time with her. She's such a sweet girl with a sweet heart! However, she can get feisty if she needs to. Alli is also doing really well in her piano. I think she enjoys it, which is awesome!


And there's Hannah, my tween! She stays so busy for a 10 year old. She is looking a lot better this year in basketball. She is playing on a team that consists of 5th thru eighth graders. There is actually a ninth grader that is home schooled who is playing on the team they play every week. So it is like watching junior high basketball. I can't keep my mouth shut while she is playing. I have tried. It just doesn't work. I feel like I am on the edge of my seat the whole game. I love basketball. I love to watch it! Hannah is doing great in school. I will be glad when we have the science project complete. Hannah is two hours away this morning for the ACSI spelling bee. Kevin had to work the 3p-2a shift last night and I couldn't go with her. She is growing up way too fast. I am somewhat apprehensive about the stage she is in now, but I am enjoying our talks we have. She is now 5' 2". She has nine inches to go till she is my height!

Life is full right now, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Just looking forward to a break!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

wow! yall have been busy! really? 6:20 AM??? wow. What time do yall get up??? i'm laughing, but I know that will be me one day and we just aren't morning people! glad to see you're still blogging. love reading it and seeing the pics of how fast they are growing!

lucinda said...

Glad you're feeling better! I've had a blogging slump too. There's not too much going on with us. I'm also ready for warm weather and am praying it will be warm during spring break. We aren't going anywhere special or fun or beachy this year, and I can't imagine having to stay couped up for a whole week. I understand about those blends and numbers. Every single one of Will's site word sentences ends in "off roading" ..seriously, we have like 4 cards that say off roading.