Monday, January 28, 2008

It's Basketball Time!





Even though there was a threat of frozen precipitation again this Saturday, the girls finally got to play the first game of the Upward Basktetball season. Of all the sports to choose from, basketball is my favorite. Then when you put my kids in the game, I can really get into it. I had a friend tell me at the game that I needed a nerve pill.




This was Alli's first game and she is learning a lot about how the game is played. I would love to step on the court and show her exactly where to go. She did so great for her first game. She scored a few baskets and would turn to us and look at us with her big toothless grin for our approval. By the way, she finally lost two of her teeth that have been sticking out at us since before Christmas. I pulled one and she let one of my friends pull the other. I think Alli is going to be one that enjoys whatever she is doing in life. This fact shows when she is dribbling the ball and giggles while doing it. This week we will talk about defense.




This is Hannah's third year to play basketball. I could really tell how much she has improved since last year. Her defense rocks! She had to guard a girl that is slightly taller and built bigger than she is. She guarded this girl a lot last year. Hannah stayed with her girl the whole time, with arms up. When Hannah first started playing, she was not very aggressive. I would get down on my knees to be on her level and make her try to take the ball from me. I know that sounds crazy, but I think it was effective. I could also tell that Hannah played with the team in mind and not just herself. I pray she will continue to play this way and remember this important lesson off the court as well.




While the girls played, Aaron hung out with his nana and mom. Most of the time, he had nana at the concession stand for something to eat.




I am sure I will have more to tell as the season goes on. I look forward to watching them grow spiritually and improving on their game.








No comments: