Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Few Pictures

Woo Hoo! I finally got a few pictures to upload. I guess it will only let me do three at a time. Today we have hung out at the house enjoying the fact we don't have to go anywhere or do anything. In the living room there is an 18 ft window seat and the two side windows can be opened where you can enjoy the cool breeze and hear the ocean waves. I claimed a spot on one end of the seat, opened the window, and read for a little while. I have been in a Bible study this summer about grace, so I started reading Chuck Swindoll's " The Grace Awakening: Believing in Grace is One Thing. Living it is Another. " The Lord is revealing a lot to me thru this book, and it has gone right along with Kay Arthur's study on grace. Maybe one day I will write a post concerning this subject. Well, Kevin is cooking dinner tonight. He's cooking Alli's favorite....fried eggs! It has been so wonderful having him with us! Due to circumstances at work, he has been away a good bit. Things always go a lot smoother when he's around. And since he's our international traveler, we were able to navigate the airport without a problem....what a zoo!


This picture was taken early Tuesday morning at the hotel where we left the car. We were waiting on the shuttle to take us to the airport. We got off to a later start than planned. We left the house almost 10 minutes later. We had to stop and get gas. One of the tires on the van was really low, so we searched for a gas station where the air pump actually worked. We made it on time with time to find breakfast.......Chikfila minis!
I enjoyed taking pictures while we were in the air. They weren't as clear as I thought they would be, but you can still see. This picture was taken when we were going over the Rocky mountains. One thing I really enjoyed on the plane was the map you could look at on the tv screen on the chair in front of you. It told us exactly where the plane was. At one point I think I actually saw the lake where Kevin took me to propose. Sounds crazy and I even woke him up to show him!

This picture is the view from the window with the 18ft window seat. It's just incredible! On the left is a river that is running into the ocean. Right now the fog is settling in for the night and I can't see the trees and beach that are in the top left hand quadrant of the picture. Enjoying this adventure with my crew!

No comments: