Thursday, March 27, 2008

Daddy's Girls

Kevin and the girls had the opportunity for a date night March 8th when they attended a father/daughter dance. This is their second year to attend. They went to Olive Garden for dinner before the dance. The girls love pasta, especially Hannah. We discussed the issue of red sauce on their dresses before pictures and decided they should probably choose white sauce when ordering their dinner. I think we only had a few tiny spots on Alli's dress.
The three enjoyed their night together and are looking forward to the next one. Aaron and I got to spend the evening together at the Verizon store and went home and watched Max and Ruby.


I have to mention this just for the sake of my memory. In the above picture Kevin is trying to look happy for the camera, but the truth is he's not real happy with me. He did something that he really didn't want to do for the sake of us girls--wear a tie with pink in it. You have to understand something. The suit Kevin is wearing he bought in probably 1993 or 1994 when he interviewed for med school. The tie he would have worn normally with this suit he also bought the same year. I thought it would be a great idea to let him coordinate a little with the girls and a new tie would look really nice. I found this Tommy tie that I thought the pink was very subtle. It has very small pink and black squares on it. You know, I could have bought a pink shirt or a very bright pink tie. But no, I tried to respect the fact that he doesn't want to wear pink by going subtle. Well, you would have thought that I committed a crime. Kevin got over it quickly. He enjoyed the night and the pictures look really nice. He even hung the tie on his tie rack in the closet. However, it may be a very long time before I get him back in that pink tie! Thanks Kev for sacrificing for us girls!

2 comments:

J.A.M (Jonathan, Anna, and Michelle Norton) said...

The girls looked beautiful! I got tickled reading about Kevin and his pink tie--Jonathan is the same way about pink. He had to wear a pink tie for one basketball game this year at the request of his players for breast cancer awareness night (he was less than thrilled as was Kevin).

Erin said...

I am so behind on reading your blog! Alot has happened!! Sweet pictures. I love the ones of Aaron shaving! Cute! Hope all is well!