Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Made It!

Well, it has been a long year of waiting for this moment. There were some days I didn't think I would make it. But I am finally getting to share something that the Lord has always blessed me with---lots and lots of hair!

Yesterday I had nine inches of hair cut for Pantene Beautiful Lengths. They make wigs for women who lose their hair due to the chemo they take to treat cancer.

Patsy put me in three pony tails and started cutting. Here is my before picture.



And here is my "after" picture.

I have had several friends who have donated their locks--Deana B., Julia, and Pam. So they were inspirations to do this. And then in May this year my grandfather was diagnosed with colon cancer. I probably would have to have more than two hands to count all the people who I know personally, who have been diagnosed with cancer. So this gift to Pantene Beautiful Lengths is in honor of my Papaw.

4 comments:

The Rutland Family said...

Karen~I LOVE IT!!!! I bet you feel 10 pounds lighter!!! It looks great!! What a Christmas gift to honor your Papaw with!!!
Love you!
Pam

Terri said...

It looks great!! I know you are glad to have it cut.

deana b said...

Doesn't it feel great to be able to do that!?! I don't believe I have ever seen your hair that long. It looks beautiful short. And to think that someone else will be able to have beautiful hair thanks to you. I haven't taken the time to go get mine cut for quite some time and I KNOW I won't get it done after the baby arrives, so I just may have to consider doing this again. Now, you have been my inspiration.
I love you-
D-

Anonymous said...

wow that was alot of hair