Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Please Pray

I have been wanting to post all week, but I simply have not had a chance to sit down at the computer and take the time to type it out. We have had so much going on the last few weeks. We have seen some activity with our old house and we received our first offer last night. We will counter offer tomorrow. This has brought some excitement to our home the last week and a half. We are trusting the LORD to work it all out. If I get the time in the next couple of days I will post some pictures and tell more about what has been going on, maybe even throw in a little of what the Lord has shown me thru Isaiah. If it weren't for the peace that God promises those who know Him, I could have come home after Bible study this morning and been depressed the rest of the day. Kay's message this morning made my heart very heavy. She talked a lot about God's judgement on America. More on that later.

I am writing this post tonight to request prayer from those of you who may read my blog. My heart is very heavy tonight for someone who has meant a lot to our family, especially my Alli.
Alli's first grade teacher from last year has been in the hospital the last couple of weeks. She is very, very sick. They believe she has ovarian cancer. She has other health issues. She is not stable at this point enough to have surgery. She has been receiving dialysis which means her kidneys are not working well. Her blood pressure is very low. Please pray for this family. She is married with two daughters, one is in high school and the other will begin college soon. She needs a miracle. God knows what is best for her. We know that. We are trusting Him. I can tell Alli is concerned for her teacher. But she has told us that she knows her teacher knows Jesus and that she will be okay. Please pray for all of the kids who have been loved by this teacher. She has had such an impact on so many people. Thank you for your prayers!

3 comments:

Terri said...

We will be praying!!
I know what you mean about Isaiah! Wow is all I can say. It's been an awesome study and now to see some prophesy unfolding is scary but neat to see God working. We will be praying for your house selling also!!!
Love ya.

J.A.M (Jonathan, Anna, and Michelle Norton) said...

I'm praying too (for the house and Alli's teacher). I can't imagine what that teacher and her family are going through; it's heartbreaking to hear about.
Love,
Michelle

Erin said...

I'll be praying about your house & about your friend. My Goodness, I can't even imagine what this must be like for them! But, wow, Alli has such a mature perspective!